We invite you to prepare and submit abstracts on cold regions engineering topics. Key conference topics are identified below.
Topics of Interest
- Geophysical Methods for Cold Regions
- Cold Regions Construction Techniques, including Artificial Ground Freezing
- Frozen Ground & Permafrost
- Degrading Permafrost Impact on Rural Communities
- Shallow Frost Protected Foundations
- Structure & Foundation Failures in Presence of Climate Change
- Sustainable Building Design in Cold Regions
- Cold Temperature and Frozen Ground-related Issues in Oil & Gas development
- Pavement Design and Performance in Cold Regions
- Performance of Materials – Durability
- Pipeline Infrastructure
- Ports & Shipping
- Cold Regions Hydrology and Hydraulics
- Hydrologic Implications of a Changing Climate
- Coastal Erosion and Protection
- Sustainable Water and Wastewater Systems in Cold Regions
- Urban Snow Management
- Snow & Ice Control for Highways & Airfields
- Policy Development for Adapting to a Changing Climate
- Engineering Challenges on the Moon and Mars
- Forensic Investigations & Practices in Cold Regions
- Artificial Intelligence in Cold Regions Engineering
- Other Related Topics
Abstract and Paper Information
Abstracts should be no longer than 300 words. During submission, you can select whether you will submit a paper, which will be peer-reviewed and included in the proceedings published by ASCE, or an extended abstract of 2-5 pages that will be available on a conference publication and/or mobile app. Both oral and poster presentations are planned, and you will have the opportunity to make a selection during the submittal process.
Abstract Submission Guidelines & Due Dates
- All abstracts must be submitted via the conference website.
- Abstracts must be free of materials and/or language that discriminate based on gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, physical ability, or sexual orientation.
- All submissions must include the submitting author’s full name, telephone number and email address.
- Abstracts must be free of personal/corporate-specific marketing
- A relevant topic must be selected.
- Submission due date: June 30, 2023
- Notification of abstract acceptance: 7/31/2023
- Draft papers due:
9/30/2023; extended to Oct. 20, 2023
- Comments on draft papers to authors by: October 31, 2023
- Draft extended abstracts due: November 15, 2023
- Final papers due: 12/15/2023
- Final extended abstracts due: January 15, 2024
Abstracts will be selected by the ICCRE 2024’s Technical Program Sub-Committee based on the following criteria:
- Relevance to the defined topics described above
- Interdisciplinary or multi-disciplinary applications
- Potential to attract and stimulate cross-cutting and collaborative discussions
- Timeliness of the topic
- Practical application of information to be presented
- Practical and clearly defined Learning Objectives
Full Paper Preparation Guidelines
For those electing to submit an extended abstract, please follow the same format, with or without figures, and limit the pages to 2~5 pages.